The Swaziland Liberation Movement (SWALIMO) is a Non-Profit organisation (NGO) founded in June 2021. The Movement is a democratic, mass-based liberation movement that campaigns for the advancement of democracy, human rights, equality, justice, safety and dignity for the people of Swaziland.
The movement aims to promote the principles and ideals of social justice, which advocate for equal rights and equitable opportunities for all, equal access to wealth, health, well-being, justice, privileges, and opportunity regardless of the person’s social, legal, political, economic status.
In fulfilling this aim, the SWALIMO seeks to lead and support the struggle of all democratic and patriotic forces to eliminate the oppressive ESwatini’s absolute monarchical system of governance and replace it with a united, democratic ESwatini in which all the people shall govern and enjoy equal rights and freedoms collectively.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of the SWALIMO shall be:
- To fight for the liberation of Swazis and eliminate the vast inequalities created by the absolute monarchy and the system of national oppression.
- To advocate for the unification of all the people of ESwatini and friends of ESwatini, for the complete realisation of human rights, and liberation of the country from all forms of oppression and abuse of power by the royal family.
- To advocate for the complete end of an authoritarianism by the absolute monarchy in all its forms; and, contribute to the transformation of ESwatini into a united, and democratic country based on democratic principles of the human rights, equality, justice and dignity of all people.
- To defend the democratic gains of the people and to advance towards a fully democratically representative society in which government is solely elected by the people in accordance to accepted democratic principles.
- To promote the rebuilding of ESwatini with a common patriotism and loyalty in which the cultural, linguistic and religious diversity of the people is recognised.
- To promote the development of social, economic and political benefits of all.